Today I am talking about one of my favorite accessories- the purse. Why is a purse so important to a woman? For many reasons. A purse is more than a last-minute fashion accessory. Purses are portable storing spaces so that you can have everything you need on the go. They come in all shapes and sizes, can be worn on your back or on the shoulder.
I am going to tell you what essentials are important to have in your bag. Before packing, decide on what you need so you don’t end up with a bag full of clutter. We all know how annoying it is to have to carry around a heavy purse. I’ve compiled a list of what to keep in your purse.
1. Wallet, Phone and Keys: These three items are important for life. Your wallet should fit nicely into your purse so you can grab it when needed. When you carry on a purse, slip your phone into your purse’s smaller compartment so it doesn’t get lost (yes I have lost my phone before because it was in my back pocket). The best phone case for a purse should keep your phone discreet and prevent those scratches. Slip those keys into a small, secure side pocket so they can’t fall out or get stolen as we know how much of a nightmare that can be.
2. Tissues and Toiletries: A small pack of tissues is a life-saver. They’re useful after a spill or during an unexpected cold. You can keep your items in a small toiletries bag. Fill it with 3-5 pads or tampons, lotion, and mini vaseline. Also, add hand sanitizer to the collection, which is a must.
3. Mints or Gum: To avoid any awkward run-ins throughout the day, pack mints or chewing gum. Carrying these will help you freshen your breath throughout the day, especially if you’re like me and do a lot of talking.
4. Makeup Bag: Having makeup on you means you’re prepared for last-minute meetings or dinner parties! Fill up a bag with your basics like eyeliner, lipstick and lip balm for throughout the day. Have you tried out the Fast Face System by The Lip Bar ? It’s the perfect makeup system to take on the go that won’t be bulky in your purse.
5. Pen: There have been many times when I wish I had a pen in my purse. This is an important item to have in case you need to write something down or sign a document.
6. A Healthy Snack and Water Bottle: Hydration is key when you’re running errands all day. It’s wise to keep energized by storing a healthy snack in your purse to prevent becoming hangry.
7. Entertainment Options: Take small entertainment options in case you get bored. If your purse is big enough, pack a book or even a tablet to keep you occupied. Only have a small purse? Make sure you have games or podcasts loaded on your phone instead, as it makes all the difference when if you have to sit and wait for periods of time.
8. Safety Items: So that you are always prepared, keep several safety items in your purse. Stash a can of pepper spray, a whistle or even a personal safety alarm which goes off when you activate it.
Now You Know What To Keep in Your Purse! Let me know how many of these items you already carried in your purse and which ones you are thinking about adding.
If you are looking for a stylish tote bag to carry in your purse when you are running errands, snag one of my Kendallthemodelscholar totes here! They come in 3 colors.